How to Open a Bank Account Online at Union Bank: A Step-by-Step Guide
Union Bank is dedicated to constantly improving our products and services, and offering customers the latest technology. From Mobile Banking and Online Banking, to secure P2P Payments and Advanced Fraud Protection and Security, we strive to keep our customers, and their assets, safe, while conveniently accessible online.
We’re excited to announce our latest technological offering—online account opening. No need to come into a branch—apply and select many types of accounts, quickly and easily, from your phone or computer! Curious about how it works? Wondering what you need to do to get started? This post will provide you with the ins and outs of online account opening to help make the process as smooth and easy as possible. Keep reading to learn more about how to open your next Union Bank account online!
Prepare to Open Your Account
Find the Right Bank Account for You
Before you open an account, it’s important to do a little bit of research to help you decide on the account that is right for you. Since every account has different advantages and requirements, it’s best to be familiar with them upfront, to avoid the the extra step of having to switch after you’ve established your account and started using it. Here are some of the most popular accounts we offer here at Union Bank, as well as some of their basic features.
- UB Checking: This account offers you a wide range of convenient services to manage your funds and make payments. A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open an account
- Advantage Checking: With this account, receive preferred rates on CDs, Money Market, and IRA accounts. To qualify, you must have a combination of total personal deposits that average at least $25,000 during a monthly statement cycle.
- UB 55 Checking: This account offers customers aged 55 and over unlimited check writing and a variable-tiered interest rate.
- Statement Savings: With this account, the interest you earn is compounded and credited monthly on paper or online statements, letting you see exactly how much you’re saving each month.
- Money Market: With this account, your saving efforts are rewarded with higher interest rates and checking options for maximum flexibility and liquidity.
- Certificate of Deposit (CD): With a variety of options to fit your needs, a CD offers you higher interest rates.
- Promotional Offerings: You may also find CD Specials or other special product offerings at different times during the year.
Enter Your Information in minutes
Whenever you open an account—in person or online—you need to have certain personal information and documentation on hand. Since applications have time limits for security reasons, don’t start your online application before you’ve gathered everything you need to avoid having to enter your information twice. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Mother’s maiden name
- Security passphrase: create a secure passphrase to be used for future account verification
- Initial Deposit
Additionally, if prompted, you may need to provide Proof of Identity or address: Current driver’s license, state ID, or passport.
So how do you make your initial deposit?
The fastest and highly secure way is to use instant account verification. You can also fund with a debit card or manually enter the funding account.
All accounts require an initial deposit, depending on your account. Many accounts require as little as $25 to open but may have a higher minimum balance requirement in order to avoid associated fees. Knowing these specifics is important, as if you open an account that does require a higher minimum balance with a small initial deposit, you could risk running down your balance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Account Opening
Is opening a bank account online safe?
Yes. Protecting your personal information and privacy is of utmost importance to Union Bank. We use robust security analytics and advanced server security to safeguard your online banking information, keep your personal information safe and prevent unauthorized users. When you open your account online with us, your information is encrypted and secure.
How long does it take to open a bank account online?
If you gather all of your information in advance, opening an account is a quick and easy process, taking as little as five minutes to complete. However, setting aside at least ten minutes can ensure you don’t feel rushed as you complete the process.
How long before I can actively use my new account?
All accounts need to be verified after the application has been submitted. The review process takes about one business day, or twenty-four hours. Once your application has been verified, you can start using your new account!
What devices can I use to open my account?
Any smartphone or modern browser—can be used to complete the online application.
Who can I contact if I am having trouble or have questions?
Call us at 800-753-4343 with any questions or issues you’re encountering. We’re available Mondays through Thursdays, 8 am to 5 PM, and Fridays, 8 AM to 6 PM.
Can I still open a new account at a branch?
Absolutely! If opening an account online doesn’t suit your needs, our branch staff is full of experienced associates ready to help. Stop by or reach out to the location nearest you.
Open an Account Online with Union Bank
So you’ve selected the account you want, got your information in order, and are ready to open it! The final step is completing your online application. The process is fast, simple, and safe, and before you know it, your new account will be ready to use.
At Union Bank, we pride ourselves in offering the latest and most secure technology to our customers, from Online Banking and EMV Chip Card Technology to our easy online account application process. Visit our application page to open your account online, today!