Digital payments are becoming more common in India. The Unified Payment Interface (UPI) has transformed the nation’s digital payments. Various digital payment services use UPI nowadays. Paytm is one of the most popular.
Paytm users can make quick digital payments by adding their bank account to the app using the UPI system. Users can also use the app to process payments by adding debit and credit cards. When you first create an account, the app prompts you to add a bank account, but you can also add a bank account afterwards.
How to Add a Bank Account to the Paytm App
- Install the Paytm app.
- Select the UPI option from the top blue ribbon on the home page.
- You can link a bank account to your Paytm account and UPI ID.
- Select “Link Bank Account” from the menu.
- Choose the bank whose account you wish to link on the new page.
- If your mobile phone is linked to a bank account, you may also let Paytm search for the account.
You can add a second bank account to the Paytm app if you already have one linked to the app.
- Log in to the app’s ‘Profile’ area.
- Choose ‘Payment Settings,’ followed by ‘UPI & Linked Bank Accounts.’
- Click the ‘Add New Bank Account’ button to proceed to the bank selection window.
Paytm is a Noida-based Indian digital payment and financial services company. Vijay Shekhar Sharma established One97 Communications in 2010. People can use the company’s mobile payment services, while retailers can accept payments using its QR code, point of sale, and internet payment gateway products. In collaboration with financial institutions, Paytm provides its clients and merchants with financial services such as micro-loans and buy now, pay later. Aside from bill payments and money transfers, the organisation offers ticketing services, retail brokerage goods, and online brokerage services.